Forum original de Sex And The City en français
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum original de Sex And The City en français

Tout sur Sex and the City - Séries et Films

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -28%
Précommande : Smartphone Google Pixel 8a 5G ...
Voir le deal
389 €

Grazia [decembre 2005]

AuteurMessage
LanyLane
Je suis comme chez moi
Je suis comme chez moi
LanyLane

Féminin Nombre de messages : 342

Grazia [decembre 2005] Empty
MessageSujet: Grazia [decembre 2005]   Grazia [decembre 2005] EmptyJeu 1 Déc 2005 - 20:16

l'article .. en anglais

Three movie stars. Two Hours. And a couple of bottles of wine. Goodbye Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha – Sarah Jessica Parker’s new best friends are Claire Danes and Diane Keaton. They’re her co-stars in The Family Stone, Sarah Jessica’s first screen appearance since Sex and The City’s Carrie Bradshaw tottered off into the sunset in her Manolo’s 18 months ago. Here, the three women get together to talk about everything from motherhood and in-laws to ageing and sports bras. Care to listen in?

Sarah Jessica, On Sex and The City you were synonymous with the struggle of women in their thirties to find happiness. Is that pursuit different now that you’re 40?
SARAH JESSICA PARKER: Having a child (her son, James Wilkie, is three) has focused my life in a way that nothing else has. My worldview is different. And there are some physical differences. I ran down the street the other day and tore a tendon. I mean, I used to run down the streets forever. And my neck and back hurt. Even my teeth hurt (laughs). I’m thinking: Okay, right, I guess I can’t run down the street in heels anymore.

Claire, you’re 26, but do you worry that, as a woman, once you hit a certain age things go downhill in Hollywood?
CLAIRE DANES: I’m reminded of that by many people very often, but look at the women at this table – two of my favourite actors of all time. SJ and Diane (who’s 59) continue to do fabulous and meaningful work. I can only be hopeful.

What stands out for you in Sarah Jessica’s career?
CD: I admit it – Footloose is still one of my favourite movies.
SJP: Oh God! No!
CD: I saw that movie when I was about five and . .
SJP: Five?! Oh God. (She puts her head in her hands.)
DIANE KEATON: (to Parker) She wasn’t even alive for The Godfather movies
CD: And Diane! Diane has been in just about every relevant movie in the last three decades. It’s almost absurd what kind of influence she’s had in film.
SJP: . . . and on women.

Let’s talk about your latest project. You co-star in The Family Stone (out 16 December), in which Sarah Jessica’s character gets a harsh reception from her boyfriend’s family. Have any of you experienced anything like that?
SJP: I had it pretty easy with (husband Matthew Broderick’s) family. I was treated with civility and they were so sweet and generous. At least to my face.
CD: Who knows what happened behind your back?!
DK: I’ve never been married so I wouldn’t know about that.
SJP: You’d have been so winning!
DK: (embarrassed) Winning? You think?
SJP: Absolutely. You’re the ideal person to bring home to Mom and Dad. Funny, outgoing . . .
CD: Definitely. But as someone who’s also been saved from that particular brand of humiliation, I don’t think I want to know someone’s genuine opinion, especially my boyfriend’s family.

The movie is set at Christmas time. What were some of your favourite holiday traditions growing up?
SJP: Not to pull at your heartstrings, but there weren’t always presents when I was growing up. There were eight of us, so once you were old enough to know the truth about Santa, you graduated to wrapping presents for the babies. We always got the tree on Christmas Eve, because that’s when they cut prices. Now we open presents in order of age. And we make eggnog.
CD: My Mum used to put a tangerine in the bottom of our stockings. And we had grapefruit with cherries and sugar on top for breakfast. It was a very citrusy Christmas.
DK: The doll I won from a catalogue that seemed so enchanting, but was so disappointing when it arrived because it was so small. The organza dresses my mother used to make. And the music – Judy Garland singing Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas.

Switching gears, there’s been talk lately that increasing numbers of university educated women plan to be full-time mothers. Does that surprise you?
DK: Motherhood’s been given kind of a bad name.
CD: We now take for granted that women are expected to raise children and work and maintain relationships and . . .
SJP: . . . look fabulous.
DK: There will always be a dilemma for career women like us. Sarah and I are both mothers (Keaton has two adopted children, daughter Dexter, nine, and son Duke, four) and we’re constantly torn between our careers and time with our children.

Do you ever fantasise about being full-time mums?
SJP: All the time. I’ve been with my son every day lately. I’m taking him to school, picking him up, doing everything a mother does. It’s been the happiest time of my life. But to be totally candid, I feel it makes me a better mother to be outside the home sometimes. I don’t know that I have the personality to spend concentrated time alone with my child without working. And I feel my work gives him opportunities he wouldn’t have otherwise. Matthew and I know how lucky we are after, say, a great musician has visited our home and sung with our son for four or five hours. Sure, there’s a price for working all the time, but, God, there are benefits, too.

Diane, do you regret waiting till 50 to become a mother?
DK: That’s the way it was. I didn’t have a choice and I couldn’t imagine it any other way. The shocking thing is that I worry differently now. Before, if I worried it was only about myself, but all you do is worry as a parent. It’s rule number one in parenting: secretly worry without letting the kids know.

So what’s next for you?
DK: I’d like to be a real estate mogul. Or publish a book. Or be an entrepreneur. We should incorporate more turtlenecks for women of my age, for example. And sleeves – they’re way to short. Maybe we should start a clothing line, you guys!
CD: I can picture it now: a Diane Keaton sports bra. I love it!

Merci à [Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Grazia [decembre 2005]
Page 1 sur 1